"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Monday, April 9, 2012

Best Ever Banana Nut Muffins



What do you do when you have a bunch of bananas that are all brown and mushy? (YUCK!) You make Banana Bread, that's what!!! I was determined not to let those bananas go to waste this morning, so I went looking for a new banana bread recipe to try. (I'm always looking to try a new recipe!) I found a recipe that claimed to be the "Best Banana Bread Ever" over at allrecipes.com. There were lots of great reviews, so I thought I'd give it a try - and boy am I glad I did! DELISH!!!

I did follow some suggestions on some of the reviews and changed things up a bit. Also, instead of baking it in a loaf pan, I made muffins. I like to do this because I can freeze them individually for a quick breakfast or snack. Below is the recipe as I made it this morning. If you'd like to see the original, just click the link above. :)



Best Ever Banana Bread:
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk * (See Note Below)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 to 2 1/2 bananas)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

1.) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray muffin tin (or line with cupcake liners).
2.) In a medium bowl, blend eggs, buttermilk, oil, bananas, and vanilla.
3.) In a large bowl, sift together sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4.) Add banana mixture to flour mixture. Stir just to combine.
5.) Stir in walnuts.
6.) Pour into muffin cups (I use a large cookie scoop to do this. It makes it so much easier!) and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a cake tester or a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

*Note - If you don't have buttermilk in the fridge, FEAR NOT! Place one tablespoon of lemon juice in a glass measuring cup. Fill it the rest of the way with milk (to make one cup). Let stand for 5 minutes and then the amount called for in the recipe.


Oh! I think I'm gonna have to go eat another one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment