"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Luscious Lemon Sugar Cookies

OK folks.  I know.  I know.  Its been a while since I posted a recipe on the blog.  I've been SUPER BUSY the last couple of months doing blog reviews on my other site (www.theproverbs31mama.blogspot.com). But I'm back!  And I've got a KILLER sugar cookie recipe for you guys today!!!!




I stumbled across this recipe for Giant Lemon Sugar Cookies by accident.  Last week I was craving lemon bars, but I didn't have any powdered sugar to dust them witha  And let's face it, you HAVE to have powdered sugar for lemon bars!  So I decided to search Pinterest and see if I could find another easy, lemon-flavored dessert.  And I hit the jackpot with these cookies!  YUMMMMMMM!!!!


I didn't have any lemons on hand, so I just used bottled lemon juice and left out the lemon zest.  They still turned out FANTASTIC!!!!  If you'd like to check out the original recipe, you can do so HERE.


My Version - "Luscious Lemon Sugar Cookies"

1-1/2 cups sugar (plus more for rolling the cookie balls in)
1 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice (I used bottled lemon juice)
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda

1.) Combine flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2.) In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with 1-1/2 cups sugar. Blend in eggs, one at a time. Add lemon extract and lemon juice.
3.) Add flour mixture, one cup at a time, blending well after each addition, until all flour is incorporated.
4.) Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
5.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6.) Shape dough into balls using 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie. Roll in sugar.
7.) Bake in batches of six cookies per baking sheet (because they will spread A LOT). Place balls of sugar-coated dough on cookie sheets. Press down with the bottom of a glass, a measuring cup, or your hand until cookie is about 1/2-inch thick. Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes. Remove tray from oven.
8.) Let cookie sit on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. (Let them cool for the FULL FIVE MINUTES on the cookie sheet!  This will help them get nice and crispy and chewy!)

Yield: 18-24 large cookies.
YUMMMM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment