"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Monday, April 9, 2012

Blueberry Banana Muffins





As I mentioned in my Banana Nut Muffin recipe, I had about 5 old, brown, mushy bananas on my counter and wanted to make sure they didn't go to waste.  So, I went hunting for a few new recipes!  The banana nut muffins recipe used up about 2 of the bananas, so I kept hunting!  I came across this recipe for Berry Banana Walnut Bread (which was perfect because I also had about 1 cup of frozen blueberries that were looking for a tasty home) on cooks.com.  As with the banana nut muffins, I made this in a muffin tin.  I also decided to leave out the walnuts in this recipe and just make it Blueberry Banana Muffins.

The recipe below is how I made the muffins today.  If you'd like to see the original recipe, just click the link above.  :)


Blueberry Banana Muffins:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup mashed bananas
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease muffin tin or use paper cupcake liners.
2.) Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
3.) In another bowl, stir together beaten eggs, sugar, bananas, and vegetable oil.
4.) Add flour mix to wet mix and stir just until combined.
5.) Stir in blueberries.
6.) Pour batter into muffin tin. (I use a cookie scoop.  It makes things so much easier!)
7.) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a cake tester or knife stuck in the middle comes out clean.
8.) Cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes, remove muffins to wire rack and cool completely.


Look at that yummy goodness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment